dynamicWatch Premium now lets you preview your routes (and replay your recent Garmin activities) in 3D with terrain built from high resolution satellite imagery.
This video is from an actual preview (of the famous road climb up Mont Ventoux from Bedoin, Provence, France):
You can pause and replay the animation at any time and you can also pan, zoom and tilt the display to explore the 3D world and picture your next adventure. Indeed running the animation is optional -- you can just explore the 3D world manually if you'd prefer, flying and zooming around!
- When viewing a route or a previous activity you can find 3D Preview on the ... menu by the route.
- Press Play to animate your route or activity.
- You can pause and reset the animated view
When the animation is paused you can:
- Zoom in and out, using the on-screen zoom buttons, your mouse wheel or by pinching with your fingers on your touchscreen.
- Pan (move the view from side to side), by dragging the view with your mouse or finger.
- Tilt the 3D view angle, with a right-button-mouse-drag or by sliding 2 fingers up/down.
Article is closed for comments.