In September 2023 we released a greatly improved version of the dwMap Companion Phone App. The exciting new features include:
- Support for the same 6 languages (English, French, Italian, Dutch, Spanish, German) that we support on our website and Garmin Connect IQ Apps
- Routes are now not downloaded until they are viewed, rather than being all sync'ed when the app starts. This makes the app much faster and more flexible.
- Premium users now explicitly mark which routes they want to have available offline. This can be done by choosing "Keep for Offline Use" when viewing the route, or by just tapping the white icons box at the right of a route's name in the main routes list.
The "cellphone" icon at the top-left indicates this route is now stored on the phone and can be later sent to dwMap even when you are offline.
- Account signup in-app (instead of that being available on the web site only)
- Link/unlink Strava and Ride with GPS in-app (instead of that being available on the web site only)
- Browse your route Collections (for Premium users), including being able to mark any of these routes as "Keep for Offline Use" or sending them immediately to dwMap on your watch
- Browse your routes and segments from Strava, Ride with GPS and Under Armour (for Premium users), likewise including being able to mark any of these routes as "Keep for Offline Use" or sending them immediately to dwMap on your watch
- Rename routes (very handy for GPX routes imported on the phone)
- Icons shown for route source (eg Strava, etc) and activity type (eg Cycling, etc)
- Directions to Start (for Premium users)
The Companion App continues to have fewer features than the mobile-friendly https://dynamic.watch website, especially as it does not offer the website's Route Planner, but these new features do mean a lot more everyday interactions with dwMap on your watch can be done in the phone app.