We strongly recommend you use the mobile-friendly https://dynamic.watch website to manage your routes and settings on your phone. dwMap on your watch syncs DIRECTLY with your dynamicWatch and you most likely DO NOT need this Companion App.
Although the dwMap Premium Companion App does not include a full route planner, you can create a "quick route" from your current location to a search result. This is really useful if you want an unexpected coffee shop break, or a more direct route home.
- Choose Create Quick Route on the main menu.
- Enter a place name or an address, and press Search.
- The app will find the closest good matches and show the straight-line distances to them.
- Your phone will need an Internet connection to do this, and the dwMap Premium Companion App will need to know your current location.
- Tap on a result to preview the route to it. The app will use the route type (cycling or pedestrian) based on your current dwMap activity type. In this case it will show the actual length of the calculated route, not the straight-line distance.
- To send the quick-route to dwMap Premium on your watch, just choose "Send to [your watch name]" on the preview's menu.