Use our simple yet powerful Route Planner to create and edit routes, with automatic routing along trails and roads.
- Use the Location box and button to enter a place name, or just click to find your current location.
- The resulting location will offer a popup: choose "Add to route" to start building your route from this spot, or just close the popup. You also have the option to add a waypoint at that exact place.
- Click on your starting point, then click on further points to add to your route. A route will be built from point to point.
- Click or to choose whether cycling or pedestrian routes should be calculated.
- Click if you want straight lines between points, with no automatic routing. This is on the same popup menu as and .
- Press to remove the last point to delete or redo it.
- Drag a point marker to edit the route.
- Click on route line to insert a new point marker into the route.
- Double-click on a point marker to remove it.
- Click to add up to 10 waypoints. This is on the same popup menu as and . Click on the waypoint to edit it.
- Click to view the elevation profile and statistics of your route.
- Click Reverse route to flip the direction of a route.
- Click Add return leg to instantly created the return leg of an "out and back" route after you have create the outbound leg.
- Click Center on click to have the map automatically pan to recenter each time you click to add a new route point.
- Click on to make this your active device route when you save it.
- Press to save and (at the top-right) to exit when you are done.
- Click on in your routes list to edit it again.
You can also import routes or connect to route planning tools available at sites like Strava, Ride with GPS and MapMyRun.
If you have upgraded to dynamicWatch Premium you can also create and edit waypoints, edit routes that you have imported or uploaded, and see the elevation profile and statistics (such vertical gain) as you create your routes.