Use our simple yet powerful Route Planner to create and edit routes, with automatic routing along trails and roads.
It is fully mobile-enabled so works great on your computer, phone or tablet.
- Click on your starting point, then click on further points to add to your route. A route will be built from point to point.
- Click or to select whether cycling or walking routes should be chosen.
- Click if you want straight lines between points, with no automatic routing. This is on the same popup menu as and .
- Press to remove the last point to delete or redo it.
- Drag a point marker to edit the route.
- Click on the route line to insert a new edit point marker (white) into the route.
- If you want to add a new point at the end of the route that lies where the route line already is (for example on the return leg of an out-and-back route) click just to the side of the route line. This will add rather than insert the point, and it will either snap automatically to the right path or you can drag it into place.
- Double-click on a point marker to remove it. Alternatively you can right-click on the marker, or, on mobile, long-press (press and hold) on the marker.
- Press to save and (at the top-right) to exit when you are done.
- Additional tools are in the menu at the bottom-left.
- Use the Place name box to search for a place name, address or latitude,longitude.
- Show current location will recenter the map on your location (if known).
- For both of these, the resulting location will offer a popup: choose Add to route to start building your route from this spot, or just close the popup. You also have the option to add a waypoint at that exact place, if you have our Premium option.
- Distance markers will hide or show mile/km markers on your route line. You can click on a distance marker to insert a new edit (white) marker there.
- Reverse route will flip the direction of your route.
- Add return leg will create the return leg of an "out and back" route after you have created the outbound leg.
- Center map on click to have the map automatically pan to recenter each time you click to add a new route point.
- Click on to make this your active device route when you save it.
- If you have our Premium option, click to view the elevation profile and statistics of your route.
- Also if you have our Premium option, click on to add up to 10 waypoints. This is on the same popup menu as and . Click on the waypoint to edit it.
- Click on in your routes list to edit this route again.
As mentioned above, if you have upgraded to dynamicWatch Premium you can also see the elevation profile and statistics (such as vertical gain) as you create your route, create and edit waypoints and edit routes that you have imported or uploaded.
Premium also offers advanced walking and cycling routing options from Graphhopper and Google.