Using routeCourse without a Data Connection
Errors when downloading a route
These apply when routeCourse shows the error message Route not available at the top of screen after downloading a route. See Error Messages below for tips for other messages.
- Do several of your routes begin with the same 16 characters? If so that can be a problem as Garmin require us to check for whether routes have already been downloaded the the device only by matching on the start of the name, as they do not give us a unique id to use.
- There also can be issues with names that have non-English characters in them.
- You might also want to delete unused routes from the Courses list on your Garmin, as that is where routeCourse downloads routes to. Having many courses already download makes the above issue with route names more of a problem. See Using routeCourse when not Online for more information on the Courses list.
- routeCourse can only download the first 145 routes from your current routes list (your favorites). If you are a Premium member, consider keeping your current routes list small and move unused routes into your Route Archive, as that will mean routeCourse can download and show and sort your current routes list much more quickly. If you are a free user, you can delete routes to keep your list smaller.
If a route download fails, an error message should be shown at the top of the screen:
- Route not available
routeCourse was able to download the route ok but was not able to find it on the device after the download. See Errors when downloading a route above for possibly reasons.
- Error:not_found or Error: 404
Your route on web server is missing or incomplete. Go to your routes list https://dynamic.watch/me and see whether you can actually view this route ok.
Your link to the service that the route is imported from, such as Ride with GPS, is not working. Go to your routes list https://dynamic.watch/me and see whether you can actually view this route. If not, try disconnecting and reconnecting the service at Linked Accounts.
- Not online: XXX
Your Garmin does not have a functioning Bluetooth or WiFi data connection. Bluetooth is far more reliable than WiFi for Connect IQ apps like routeCourse. Try powering your Garmin off and back on.
- Error: XXX
Other problems downloading the route.
Other FAQ, Imports and Troubleshooting
See FAQ, Imports and Troubleshooting for other troubleshooting tips with routeCourse and dynamicWatch.