Rain and Wind is our Connect IQ data field that combines real-time weather data with your planned route, to show Premium users key data as they ride:
- What is the temperature and chance-of-rain 1 hour AHEAD on my route?
- Is the current wind a head, cross or tailwind?
- How much assistance (or hinderance) is the wind?
The free version of Rain and Wind offers a basic form of these features, but you need a Premium subscription to unlock two amazing features:
- Rain and Wind uses your current planned route together with your average speed to estimate where you are GOING to be in 1 hour. It then gets and shows the rain probability and forecast temperature for THAT place and time.
- Locations and forecasts are updated every 5 minutes during your activity (compared to hourly for the free version).
Rain and Wind is powered by Apple Weather.
Download Rain and Wind from the Garmin Connect IQ App Store.
If you use our dwMap Connect IQ app on your Garmin watch, many of the features of Rain & Wind are available in our new dwMap Weather Data Field.
Is it only available as a data field in the built-in running mode or can I use this inside the dwmap app?
This feature is currently only available as a custom data field to use with the built-in Run/Hike/Bike features and cannot yet be used as one of dwMap’s selection of data fields.
Article is closed for comments.