Our dwMap Garmin Connect IQ app is designed to work with the dynamic.watch website to simplify managing your routes and settings. That's how most free and Premium users use it, and the website is mobile-friendly and works great on your phone.
However we've had a lot of requests to be able to use a phone app instead of the website, primarily to change the current dwMap route when an Internet connection is not available, so we've put together a small, "companion" phone app as an option to allow Premium dwMap users to do this.
PLEASE NOTE most users of the Premium and free versions of dwMap use the website not this Premium Companion phone app. This phone app is only for specific use cases, primarily for when Premium users want to change their dwMap route when they are out of Internet coverage.
- Log-in to your dynamicWatch account using Strava, Facebook or your email/password.
- Download your routes so they are available when your phone and watch are offline.
- Preview a route on a street, satellite or OpenCycleMap map.
- Send a route directly to the dwMap Premium app on your watch.
- Change your activity type and other frequently used dwMap settings.
- Create a Quick Route from your current location to a destination, and send it to dwMap Premium.
- Import GPX files from other apps or downloaded GPX files to send to dwMap Premium.
The dwMap Premium Companion App is part of dynamicWatch Premium and you will need a Premium subscription in order to use it. Upgrade to Premium now!
If you are using the free version of dwMap you do not need the dwMap Premium Companion App, as dwMap on your watch syncs directly with your dynamicWatch website routes and settings The website is mobile-friendly so works great on your phone. If you have dwMap Premium you can do it either way -- sync directly with the website (which most Premium customers do), or use the Premium Companion App.