To get started, you just need to do the following, explained in detail below:
- Install the routeCourse app on your Garmin device
- Link your Garmin to your https://dynamic.watch account
- Create or import a route
- Use the routeCourse app to browse and download your routes on your Garmin
Install the routeCourse app on your Garmin
Our routeCourse app installs to your device from the Garmin Connect IQ Store.
Make sure that your device is connected by Bluetooth to Garmin Connect Mobile running on your phone (iPhone or Android [Windows Phone will likely not work]), and that your phone and device can get online.
The first time you open it on your Garmin it will show you a simple link code to securely link your device to your https://dynamic.watch account. This is the next step, explained below.
The Garmin software may tell you that you need to update your firmware, even when you think you have the latest version. In this case, disconnect your Garmin and see if it installs new firmware that it has downloaded. Then reconnect the device and try installing our app again. Powering-off your device and back on again may also be necessary to get the new firmware installed and running. You can check what your device is actually running by going to Settings - System - About.
Link your Garmin device to your dynamic.watch account
We have implemented a simple but secure mechanism to link your device to your https://dynamic.watch account.
- When you open the app on your device the first time it will show you an 8 character code.
- Enter that code on our website here and the device will know which account it is associated with. Conversely, our website will know that you have authorized access by this device.
- After you have entered the code on our website, tap the screen or press the Up button of your Garmin to complete the linking process.
If you get No Bluetooth to Garmin Connect or Error Code 1 or 2 on your device during this step, make sure that your device is connected by Bluetooth to Garmin Connect Mobile running on your phone (iPhone or Android [Windows Phone will likely not work]), and that your phone and device can get online.
As an extra security measure, the code is only valid for 5 minutes after you open the app. If you do not enter the code here in time, don't worry, just exit and open the app again on your Garmin, and a new code will be generated.
You only have to do this once for each device you link (and you can link any number of devices), and afterwards the app will only need an internet connection when you want change the downloaded route.
We do not get access to any other apps on your device or phone.
Create a route
To create your first route you can:
- Draw a route using our Route Planner, or
- upload a GPX/TCX file, or
- import directly from a route planning service such as Ride with GPS.
Use the routeCourse app on your Garmin
See the following guides:
- Using routeCourse on your Edge or Oregon/Rino GPS
- Using routeCourse on your Fenix 5, Marq or Forerunner 245/645/935/945