dwMap is designed to work with our website to simplify managing your routes and settings. That's how most free and Premium users use it, and the website is mobile-friendly and works great on your phone.
However we've had a lot of requests to be able to change the current dwMap route when an Internet connection is not available, so we've put together a small, but really useful, "companion" phone app as an option for Premium dwMap users with specific needs.
The dwMap Premium Companion Apps let you:
- Download your routes so they are available when your phone and watch are offline.
- Preview a route on a street, satellite or OpenCycleMap map.
- Send it directly to the dwMap Premium app on your watch.
- Change your activity type and other frequently used settings.
- Create a "Quick Route" from your current location to a destination, and send it to dwMap Premium.
- Share GPX files from other apps or downloaded GPX files to the companion app to send to dwMap Premium.
See the Premium Companion Phone App help guide for full information.
Again though, most people use the website with dwMap. Only use the Premium Companion Phone App if you need to use one of the above features.